Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hickory dickory dock

Well, we have a mouse. I saw something scurry across my path on my way to the loo last night. Armed with a flashlight I hunted it down in my underwear. Crawling on my hands and knees I squealed like a little girl when it scurried across the room. I went to the kitchen to see if there were any signs of anything getting into the pantry. It appeared right next to me from under the fridge. It pranced behind the counter and slipped down the furnace pipe. I blocked the hole , but this house is so holey! It could get in anywhere if it wanted.
We live in a 120 year old house that borders the forest. In the five years we have rented this place, it is the first mouse I have seen. Surprising really. I am praying that it was just exploring and that we wont see anymore.It was pouring rain outside... and the neighbour has really really long grass right now.
Regardless, I cleaned like crazy... neurotic cleaning! Anti mouse cleaning!( it wasn't unclean in the first place!) No mouse poop anywhere! I kept waking up last night listening for little teeth chewing.

( It was cute as heck by the way... but the camera was far from being on my mind at the moment!)

No comments: