Sunday, December 21, 2008

Still snowing!!

Went out last night for the solstice fire dancing show. It was about -8 and really windy out so it felt much colder. We were there at 8 when it was supposed to start but it was running really late. Our littlest started to get cold and cry and the oldest had to pee and there was nowhere to go... so we came home. Tonight was our small town light up and Santa visit which is a big deal around here. The trucks come all lit up and have a mini parade. Well... we got down there and the fire cheif told us that is was cancelled because it was too much of a liability. So the kids were crushed again. The bummer is that the weather report is calling for snow all the way until Christmas day, and although I LOVE snow the roads are horrible around here and we are planning to go down island to my folks for Christmas. Our tires arent great and I am just not sure if we will be able to go. My hubby and I can roll with the punches and make the best of it all, but the kids not so much. They are NOT having an easy time of it! Because we don't do up the holidays gift wise, we really rely on these free community events to make it feel like Christmas.Oh well. I think I will try to get a backup turkey so we can at least have a good meal for the day if it comes to that. Our kind neighbour said that we could join thier big family fray... I still need to cook my own gluten free meal whatever we do though cause that makes it impossible to just join someone elses meal!! That is what I love about going to my folks ...my dad needs it all to be gluten free too!

Here is a piccie of our back roof ( I should send this to the landlord as a reminder of how much work the house needs! Eeep! It looks like it is going to fall apart! Oh well, many of these 120 year old houses look a lot worse for wear) and our epic deadly icicles. We all fear being impaled when we go into the basement below! They are about 4 or five feet long and bigger than our arm at the top... you can't really tell from the pic.


No comments: