Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sun is shining, weather is sweet yeah! Makes me want to move those dancing feet...



Gorgeous weather out... to bad that I have vomiting children! We managed an easy stroll by the river to look for fossils the other day, but really don't have a lot of energy. We are hoping to go on a bike trip to a local island tomorrow, but as it stands at bedtime tonight, I don't know if we can make it. We will just have to play it by ear. A day long biking trip just doesn't match up well with regular nebuliser treatments! It would suck to be stuck somewhere with sick kids, on a bike, with a ferry in between any possible way home. I hope that we can do a trip like this one day though... walking onto the ferry is super cheap. Bringing the bikes seems to be the way to go.


I got in the shop for a short while this evening and made this..


It is a nice simple hair fork made from recycled school gymnasium maple flooring! A friend had scored this at a local demolition place with gym lines painted on it and all. She did her home flooring with it and it looks lovely. I took a small bucket of end pieces home to rescue it furthar. The fork is super cute and slides in and holds like a dream. Sometimes simple is best!




Have to mention that I cooked dinner out on the campfire in the backyard tonight! Yippie! It worked so well. I am feeling good about having this as a cooking option when the power goes out in the winter time. Doubles for some good heat too.

No comments: