Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is what I have been doing for the last week...








I started with a huge basket of raffia....









Plaited and plaited and plaited. Almost 20 metres !





Ok. Very dirty mirror. Sombody went Pollock style on it with a toothbrush by the looks of things! It was the only pic that captured the shape of it well though. Perfectly functional hat for a fair red head me thinks!

Now I have a request by my youngest for a sun hat that is the same shape of a hat he loves already. I think that it is a Peruvian style of hat... I am not sure what it is called. I am going to give it a go though... he looks ao darn cute in that hat. Super labor intensive though!!

Throw in a pic of the boy while I am at it... he has gained one and a half pounds in the week since we cut out dairy. Hooray!

No comments: