Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Almost better!

It has been a long couple of weeks! We are all on the mend finally! I am feeling a little bummed and rough so I havent been posting... or picture taking! The boys don't cope very well when they are sick, so old issues have been really in the forefront. We have had to leave the last two circus classes early because oldest son has been having trouble coping( I made the mistake of stepping outside with my littlest guy to get fresh air.... even though I warned my oldest that we might do that. I came back to find him in a puddle of tears shaking, thinking we left him. I was so surprised at the reaction... he IS 7. He couldnt recover enough to finish the class). Youngest son almost ran into 4 lane 80 km an hour traffic yesterday to avoid being touched by a young toddler. His tactile sensitivity and fight or flight at unexpected touch... or possibility of... has just gotten out of hand. I guess that a potentially fatal episode kind of gives me a huge reality check!
Hubbys neck is pretty much better. He missed a couple of days of work and has payed 120 bucks for chiro treatments, even with the MSP copay. Along with that and the boys meds we are short over two weeks groceries. Luckily I have dried beans and preserved edibles from last years harvest but still not what the boys like to eat!. I lost my awesome gluten free sourdough starter because we couldnt afford to buy flour to feed it. I really really could use a grain mill so that I don't need to spend 5 dollars a pound for rice flour. It would be sooooo much cheaper to buy the grains in large amounts and mill them myself.
So, needless to say, I am a big ball of sunshine right now and I really dont want to get it all over everybody! Catch you on the upswing!

1 comment:

This Mama said...

sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough patch...hope everyone is well now!!