Saturday, December 15, 2007

It has been a while!

So... I had disappeared there for a bit. There has been so much going on in the past few months. Since lots of it wasn't stuff I wanted to share with everyone in my life, It just seemed like anything superficial that I could write about, would have been in genuine. So I'll just fill you in on the main three things that have kept me from writing.


After the bike crash... see below... I needed a couple of doses of pain killers. With my seriously sensitive system the darn things just ripped up my stomach and un did the last 3 years of healing my gut. So my health issues came back with a vengeance... feeling crappy just doesn't lend to a desire to do much journaling! Finally seeing things healing back... not there yet, but small signs of getting better! I lost my appetite pretty badly after the accident and resulting, I lost 20 pounds! ( after gaining 60 during my pregnancies I had it to spare! ) So I am feeling pretty good, but sometimes it takes a lot of energy to keep on top of it! Enough whining... lol

Thing two! We bought a vehicle 6 months ago. Thrilling I know! We had decided to import a Right hand drive vehicle from Japan. We see lots of them up here right now, and the value for what you get is so much better than what we can find used these days. With stringent air quality controls/ inspections, diesel , four wheel drive and lots of other goodies we decided that it was a good idea.
In reality it has been a bit of a nightmare. it was supposed to arrive almost 4 months ago. There have been lots of questionable ( it got nasty) experiences with the importer we used... and to top it off , it was held for a month in customs for a random drug search. The assholes took the entire thing apart ( their job... I know!) and didn't put any of the screws/ bolts back in. Not only that... but they didn't even give them back! So needless to say, i wouldn't recommend the process to anyone! It looks as though it changes hands to us on Monday after the final inspection to make it road ready. Hooray! Pray it happens so that we can join the family for Christmas! So... a real pain in the arse to say the least... remember that we have been car free for a year now! ( would have been nice to be driving at this point!)

Now for the biggie! Big huge! My partner was contacted for the first time by his birth mother!!! A huge exciting/ scary/ wonderful event in all of our lives! It has all gone so incredibly well... but I don't feel like sharing too much here... cause it is kind of private!

While I love blogging in a light day to day kind of way, I find the large events in my life to be a little bit intense to share in this media. I feel so much more comfortable sharing those details with people I don't know well at all... what I find hardest is sharing with the people closest to me. This is not the way for family members to find out about ... anything, pretty much!!!lol And sometimes the timing is just not right for telling certain people, adding to the stress.


So if I disappear... contrary to what seems logical... I probably have something juicy that I am just dying to share!!! lol Sigh.



To finish off...

Son number one. " Daaaaaad"( whining the the most whining kind of grating way that only a kid can do!)." I named my monster truck Lightening Wheels.... but "A" is saying that it is called Penis Wheels. ( Daddy tries to convince him that it doesn't matter what his brother calls it. The name he gives it will be the one that matters to himself).... The saga only gets worse! Getting more and more frustrated while relating the rest of the story...
" He is painting all over the side of my monster truck!!! I was washing it off but he says its the kind of paint that wont wash off."


At this point Dad clues in..... it is an IMAGINARY truck that they are fighting about! LOL


Parenting... driving us to insanity!

No comments: