Friday, August 17, 2007

Hmmm...

So with a kind collaboration of birthday funds I purchased myself a little something special. I had my eye on a turquoise pendant for about six months now. It was in a tiny import store in our small town... I was drawn to it because it was imperfect in shape and a much different piece of turquoise than I had seen. I kind of loathe the colour turquoise... don't know why exactly but it does not appeal to me. This pendant was more green with a lighter , almost illuminated center.Absolutely beautiful to my eye!

Through research... of course I do it after the fact right... I see that the green turquoise isn't as desirable ( OK... cool.... but I like the green which is enough right?) Turquoise changes colour and richness when worn as well. It used to be thought that a change in colour meant that the wearer was thinking thoughts of infidelity, or that there would be impending death or something! Now it has been seen that it absorbs the oils in our body because it is a soft stone. The lower quality stones absorb it more readily. My stone has changed SIGNIFICANTLY since I got it. It has gone much greener with some bits of brown in it as well. ( I have to say ahead of time that I do not use any cosmetics , lotions, or perfumes that could have contributed to the change.



The main reason for this post is that, mysteriously,appearing in the middle of the stone.... where there was nothing before.... is an oval ring. It is green in colour and pretty darn obvious. I had been wearing it for about two days when it appeared. there was no " sweating" or dye appearing on the surface( I don't know?! imagining the jeweler trying to cover it up or something!) It definitely looks to be a natural part of the stone. I was disappointed a little... I don't buy myself things like this ever. It was a lot prettier without the " thing"! I took it to the store where I bought it , to show the owner. I don't know why! I wouldn't want to give it back or get ,y money back or anything. She was really weirded out by it... she said that it is " very eerie". She thinks that it is very special... ( it crossed my mind as well... I did try to search for symbolic meanings! How flaky new age of me eh? What is this trying to tell me!) She is calling the people whom she bought it from tonight to inquire anyways! Hmmm. very strange? What do you think?! ( I had trouble getting a good pic... my cheapo camera is pooping out on me.)


It is about the length of a double A battery for size reference. The mysterious " thing" is about the size of a peanut.

No comments: